23.09.21 | COVID-19 Update
Dear KIS Community,
Thank you for your continued partnership with us and your children, especially as we work towards reopening campus.
As you know, in alignment with the Ministry of Education, KIS and all Bangkok area schools, began the year with online learning. While it was not the start we were hoping for, KIS teachers and families have shown resilience and overwhelming positivity during this challenging time.
I am happy to report that we are now on a path to transition students back to the classroom for in-person learning. Our goal is to return with a hybrid model in November. There are international schools planning more ambitious start times for reopening, but this will not be our strategy. Our philosophy at KIS is to err on the side of caution when it comes to the health and safety of our community. We prefer to open more slowly and with more thoughtfulness to our planning, given our unique needs and resources.
Reopening school comes with a complex set of guidelines and licensing through the Ministry of Education and the Disease Control Department (DCD). The aim of these regulations is to keep COVID-19 contamination out of schools and prevent the spread of clusters within schools. Be assured that we are working vigorously to open school soon.
The components of a KIS reopening include:
- A limited number of students at school each day to continue social distancing.
- An option for families to continue with remote learning if they choose.
- Technology upgrades to allow for a hybrid teaching model.
- Secondary School students will be permitted on campus first due to vaccine availability for students aged 12-18.
- High student vaccination rates and required regular COVID-19 antigen testing.
- Unvaccinated faculty and staff will not be allowed on campus.
- A “sealed bubble” to limit the spread of transmission and allow for contact tracing.
- Compulsory wearing of masks by everyone on campus.
- Continued measures for campus sanitization.
- Strict COVID -19 prevention measures, including physical distancing and cleaning/disinfecting procedures.
A big thank you to the record numbers of families and staff who took part in our campus reopening survey sent on Sept. 17. The information gathered strengthens our planning
and helps us understand the opinions, concerns, and motivations of our families. Your feedback is valuable and appreciated.
We continue to work to secure more vaccines for our students. This runs using a lottery system managed by various government agencies so, unfortunately, we cannot guarantee when these vaccinations will occur. We will keep you updated as we receive more information.
We are grateful for your ongoing support and communication. Please continue to take care of yourselves and your family. We look forward to seeing the smiling faces of students on campus as soon as possible. Stay safe and stay healthy.
Head of School
Mr. Paul Johnson
Head of school
Ms. June van den Bos
Mr. Mike Hirsch
Ms. Manasinee Kovitgoolkri (Ja)
Director of School Services
- Parent Update, May 26th
- Parent Update, April 27th
- Parent Update, April 25th
- Parent Update, April 19th
- Parent Update, April 7th
- Parent Update, April 3rd
- Parent Update, April 1st
- Parent Update, March 26th
- Parent Update, March 22nd
- Parent Update, March 20th
- Parent Update, March 16th
- Covid-19 Parent Update, March 15
- Parent Update, March 14 Announcement of School Closure
- Parent Covid-19 Update, March 11
- Parent Covid-19 Update, March 8
- Parent Covid-19 Update, March 6
- Parent Update, March 2
- Coronavirus Update, Feb, 28
- Invitation: COVID-19 Parent Forum, Feb. 28
- Parent Update, Feb. 26
- Coronavirsu Update, Feb 25
- Important Coronavirus Update, Feb 23
- Coronavirus Update, February 21
- Coronavirues Update, February 14
- KISPA invite to KISPA meeting on Feb 11 we spoke on COVID
- KIS Corona Virus Update (Chinese translation)
- KIS Corona Virus Update, Jan 30
- Important Coronavirus Update
- Continued precautions related to coronavirus news
- Coronavirus awareness at KIS
- SS Parent Update, April 28th
- SS Parent Update, April 20th
- SS Parent Update April 3rd
- MYP Parent Update March 26th
- Virtual G10 Personal Project Exhibition
- MYP Learning Conversation
- Important Annoucement Regarding IB Exam
- MYP Parent Update, March 20th
- DP Parent Update, March 16th
- MYP Parent Update, March 16th
- Letter to G6-9 families
- Letter to G10 families
- Letter to G11 families
- Further guidance re G10 svc week
- Further guidance re G11 CAS week
- Secondary School Parent Letter_March 3rd (resend)