Frequently Asked Questions
KIS quarantine protocols are recommended by the MOE, Office of Private Education and in line with the MOPH.
Community members who have visited or transited through countries on the published list should self-quarantine for 14 days from the date of arrival.
Community members who share living space with family or friends who have visited or transited through countries on the published list should self-quarantine for 14 days from the date of arrival.
Community members who have hosted visitors from the published list must self-quarantine for 14 days from the date of arrival.
Quarantine requires individuals to isolate themselves as much as possible from others.
Current recommended quarantine 14 days.
If after 14 days the individual is not symptomatic they may return to school.
Upon return clearance from the school nurse is required.
We believe strongly that holding to our values of integrity, caring and community are crucial in situations such as this. Our community is built on mutual trust and respect, and we know that all families will be responsible in adhering to this requirement. If there are concerns that arise, we will follow up with families individually.
Given the size of our community, it would require significant resources to conduct this check. This would be further complicated by the fact that the use of stamps when traveling can be very inconsistent, particularly for citizens of some Western countries.
• Global:World Health Organization, Centre for Disease Control, BBC, The Guardian, CNN, etc.
• Local: Ministry of Education, Ministry of Public Health, Office of Private Education Commision.
• International Schools Association of Thailand, professional connections with major international schools.
• International SOS, our professional medical partner.
• The Bangkok Post, The Nation.
As information comes in the school leadership team reads, sorts and decides on relevant information to share that relates to the KIS
• Updates shared as quickly as possible to remain transparent and informative.
• Principals will also share more divisional details in their correspondence.
Cleaning of communal area
Classroom and learning space cleaning
Pool and changing room cleaning
Desks, chairs, toys, ICT equipment
Students have regular information sessions and reminders about:
Handwashing (recommended duration 20 seconds)
Sneezing and coughing protocol (tissue and mask disposal)
Do not touch eye, nose, mouth
Stay home if unwell